Where is RotStop Applied?
Treating all the timber in a house is expensive and unnecessary
MDC use a scientifically proven 100% evidence-based assessment to recommend a treatment programme specific to your house. This means that you can target the actual problems fast and don’t waste money on needless work.
- We install Moisture Detection Probes, which measure the real moisture levels, in the framing at vulnerable points in your house – this shows precisely where your house is actually damp. We may take readings in the summer and the winter so we fully understand your house.
- We test the timber at each Moisture Probe location – this finds out whether there is any rot (or has been any rot in the past).
- We measure the strength of the timber at each probe location to test if it has been affected by rot.
- We test the timber in your house for existing treatment so we know how quickly you should act – if it is untreated then fast action is recommended.
- Only after collecting all of this evidence do we present our recommendations to you. You then choose if you want to treat your timber, how much you want to treat, and when.
MDC Rating System for Moisture Content, Visual Colour (Decay), Timber Resistance (Strength) and Treatment