Call on the experts when the council or your clients demand weathertightness or timber inspections
Moisture Detection Company can help.
- When the council demands an independent timber inspection
- When you need to know the treatment (if any) that was used in the framing of the house
- When you want to know if, or where a house is leaking without cutting open the cladding or the gib
- When you don’t have the tools to measure moisture levels inside the framing
- When you have done a Builder’s Report, but couldn’t answer the questions about whether or where the house actually has leaks or decay.
- When you want to know whether the repairs that you have done have actually stopped the leaks.
When the framing timber on your site has been exposed for too long, and the council requires an expert inspection.
Long term exposure to rain leaches out boron and allows moulds and fungi to establish.
NZS 3640:2003 provides for boron treated H1.2 timber to be left open to the weather for up to 90 days.
Council inspectors frequently require an expert inspection if the 90 days is exceeded, especially if the timber is obviously affected by moulds.
We inspect the timber condition, take samples and test them for treatment levels. Our report includes recommended remedial actions.
Microbiological testing of core samples can be arranged if the timber condition is suspect.
Look after your clients by giving them professional, evidence-based advice.
Moisture Detection come to your site, gather samples, test and inspect them, then issue a report certifying the treatment used in the house – or you can send the samples to us for testing.